THE BALANCED SCORECARD METHOD FOR ASSESSING COMPANY PERFORMANCE (Case Study at PT Salatiga State Electricity Company)

Wikan Budi Utami, Iin Emy Prastiwi, Suhesti Ningsih

Abstract

This study aims to examine whether financial perspectives, customers, internal business processes, as well as perspectives of growth and learning partially or simultaneously affect the performance of PT Salatiga State Electricity Company (PLN). This study uses a quantitative descriptive approach with a population of employees of PT Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN) Salatiga. The sampling procedure used in this study is the purposive sampling method. This study uses a sample of 32 employees who fit predetermined criteria. Data in this study were collected by distributing questionnaires. The results of this study indicate that the financial perspective, customers, internal business processes as well as the perspective of growth and learning simultaneously have a significant effect on the performance of PT Salatiga State Electricity Company (PLN) as evidenced by the significance value of F (0.007) <α (0.05) and the value of F count (4,464)> F table (2.71). Partially the variables of financial perspective, customer, and internal business process perspective have no significant effect on company performance, while the growth and learning perspective variable has a positive and significant effect on company performance. The adjusted R square determination coefficient is 0.309. This proves that the independent or independent variable is able to influence the dependent or dependent variable by 30.9%, while the remaining 69.1% is influenced by other variables outside this study.

Keywords: balanced scorecard, company performance

Full Text:

PDF

References

Alfian Hakim Nurcahaya. 2016. Performance Analysis of Pekalongan City PDAM Using the Balanced Scorecard Method. Thesis. Semarang: Faculty of Economics, State University of Semarang.

Faishol, A. 2016. Analysis of the Effect of the Implementation of the Balanced Scorecard on Improving Company Performance (Case Study in Lamongan Regional Water Company (Pdam)). Journal of Accounting, 1 (1), 8. https://doi.org/10.30736/jpensi.v1i1.14

Nurcahaya, A. H. 2016. Analysis of PDAM Pekalongan City Performance Using the Balanced Scorecard Method.

Nurita, A. 2015. The Effect of Balanced Scorecard-Based Performance Measurement on Manager Performance (Case Study at Telkom Education Foundation). ISSN: 2355-9357 e-Proceeding of Management, 2 (3), 2381–2393.

Mahmudi. 2015. Public Sector Performance Management. Yogyakarta: UPP STIM YKPN

Mulyadi and Jony Setiawan. 2000. Management Planning and Control System 2nd Edition. Jakarta: Salemba Empat

Mardiasmo.2002. Public sector accounting. Andi Offset, Yogyakarta.

Pasolong, Harbani. 2010. Public Administration Theory. Alfabeta, Bandung

Pertiwi, W., Abida, N., Nazar, MR, & Muslih, M. 2018. Effect of the Balanced Scorecard on Employee Performance (Case Study at BPJS Ketenagakerjaan, Pekalongan Branch) The Effect Of Balanced Scorecard On Performance (Case Study On BPJS Employment Branch Pekalongan). 5 (1), 541-548.

Sugiyono 2015. Easy Learning Quantitative Research, Qualitative and R & D. Bandung: CV Alfabeta.

Single, Amin Widjaja. 2001. Performance Measurement with the Balanced Scorecard. Second printing. Harvarindo: Jakarta.

Yassin, A., Al Musadieq, M., & Afrianty, T. 2016. The Effect of Balanced Scorecard and Knowledge Management on Employee Performance and Company Performance (Studies on Employees of PT Semen Indonesia (Persero) Tbk). Journal of Brawijaya University S1 Business Administration, 33 (2), 125–134.

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.