THE EFFECT OF FINANCIAL LITERACY ON STUDENT FINANCIAL BEHAVIOR (Case Study of Students of Faculty of Economic, University of Dehasen Bengkulu)

Sulisti Afriani, Rina Trisna Yanti

Abstract

Abstract : Financial literacy is very important for everyone to know, the higher a person's financial literacy level, the better his financial behavior will be. This study aims to analyze the effect of financial literacy on student financial behavior in the Faculty of Economics, University of Dehasen Bengkulu. The sample used in this study was 100 students with a data questionnaire method. The results show that the regression model of the regression equation is as follows: Y = 12.519 + 0.745X, the correlation coefficient r = 0. lies between 0.600 - 0.799 including in a strong correlation, R Square of 0.556 means that the variable student financial behavior can be influenced by the variable Financial literacy of 55.6%. While the remaining 44.4% is influenced by other variables not examined in this study. . Because the value of α <0.05, it can be concluded that the Financial Literacy variable partially affects students' financial behavior, meaning that the proposed hypothesis is acceptable, meaning that it accepts Ha and rejects Ho.

Keywords: Financial literacy, Financial behavior

Full Text:

PDF

References

Andarsari, Pipit Rosita dan Mega Noerman Ningtyas. 2019. The Role Of Financial On Finacial Behavior. Jurnal Of Accounting and Business Education. Nomor 4 Volume 1. Halaman 24-33

Ansong, A. and Gyensare, M.A., 20112. Determinants Of University Working Students Financial Literacy at University Of Cape Coast. Ghana. International Journal Of Business and Management. Volume 7 No. 9 Hal 126-133

Carolyne LJ Mason and Richars MS Wilson, 2000. Conceptualizing Finacial Literacy Business School Reseacrh Series.

Chen, H and Volpe, R.P., 1998. An Anlysis of Peronal Fiancial Lteracy among College Students. Financial Of services review. Hal 107-128

Huston, Sandra J, 2010. Measuring Financial Literacy. The Journal of Consumer Affairs. Vol 44 No. 2 Hal 296-315.

Ida dan Dwinta, C.Y, Pengaruh Locus Of Control, Financial Knowledge, Income Terhadap Financial Manajement Behavior, Jurnal Bisnis Dan Akuntansi, Vol. 12, No. 3, Desember 2010, h. 132-133

Irene Herdjiono, Lady Angela Damanik, Pengaruh Financial Attitude, Financial Knowledge, Parental Income Terhadap Financial Management Behavior, Jurnal Manajemen Teori dan Terapan Tahun 9. No. 3, 2016, h. 228.

Kharchenko, Olga, 2011. Financial Literacy In Ukraine. Determinants and implication For Saving Behavor. Ukraine. Kyiv School Of Economic

Krishna, A., Sari, M. & Rofaida, R. 2010. “Analisis Tingkat Literasi Keuangan di Kalangan Mahasiswa dan FaktorFaktor yang Mempengaruhinya , Survey pada Mahasiswa Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia”.

Nujmatul, Laily. 2013. Pengaruh Literasi Keuangan terhadap Prilaku Mahasiswa Dalam Mengelola Keuangan. Jurnal Pendidikan Akuntansi (JPA). Volume 1 No. 4, September.

Manurung, Jonni J, dan Adler H. Manurung, 2009. Ekonomi Keuangan dan Kebijakan Moneter . Cetakan Pertama. Jakarta. Salemba Empat

Margaretha, Farah dan Reza Arif Prambudhi, 2015. Tingkat Literasi Keuangan Pada Mahasiswa S-1 Fakultas Ekonomi, Jurnal Manajemen dan Kewirausahaan. Vol. 7 No. 1.

Otoritas Jasa Keuangan. https://www.ojk.go.id/id/kanal/edukasi-dan-perlindungan-konsumen/Pages/Literasi-Keuangan.aspx. diakases pada tanggal 28 September 2020.

__________________________2014. Strategi Nasional Literasi Keuangan Indonesia. Jakarta

Sholeh, Badrus. 2019. Pengaruh literasi keuangan terhadap prilaku keuangan Mahasiswa Prgram Stufi Pendidikan Ekonomi Univeristas Pamulang. Jurnal Pendidikan, EKonomi dan Bisnis. Vol 4 nomor 2. Halaman 57- 65

Sugiyono. 2007. Metodologi penelitian Bisnis. Alfabeta . Bandung.

Suryanto, 2017. Pola Perilaku Keuangan Mahasiswa Di Perguruan Tinggi, Jurnal Ilmu Plitik dan Komunikasi, VII (I), hal 11-20

Widawati, Irin. 2012. Faktor-Faktor yang mempengaruhi litersi keuangan Mahasiswa Fakultas Ekonomi dan Bisnis Universitas Brawijaya. Jurnal Akuntansi dan Pendidikan, Volume 1 No. 1 Hal. 89-99

Wayan, I Yasa Adi Upadana dan Nyoman Trisna Herawati, 2020. Pengaruh Literasi Keuangan dan Perilaku Keuangan Terhadap Keputusan Investasi Mahasiswa. Jurnal Ilmiah Akuntansi dan Humanika. Vol.10 No. 2, Mei – Agustus, hal 126-135.

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.